Thursday 19 June 2014

Audit Colony - 1

 From where it all started 

Somewhere in the middle of June ’02, we had to shift to Margherita. Back then we were staying at Baragolai. Once we shifted to our new quarters, I could see some amount of optimism in my mothers face. Of course she had to commute daily to her school, but that was not much of an issue. A nice cozy house built during the Pre –Independence era was our new abode. I got a room of my own. The locals did seem nice, but somewhere deep down I felt being out of place. Of course, the life style and the living habit was more urban, even though the distance between Margherita and Baragolai was nothing more than 4 kms. Me and my brother though knew some of the boys, but we never became a part of the group initially. 

I still remember spending the new year eve watching television with my brother and the boys having a wild party next to us. Maybe we were not forthcoming and to an extent, yes, we were not invited. Although I was staying in Guwahati and most of the boys of the group stayed there for education and other opportunities, there was never any bonding. 

Slowly my parents were picking up their life. Papa bought a new scooter. Mom was as always busy. We continued to move on. Suddenly all of it changed. The change was Sir..my friend, my guru…everything. It is through him that i came across some fabulous guys. You see once you get to know each other, it does not take too much time to become lifelong friends. There was Raja- our man with all the right news and the sinful gossips. Partha- the man with the high ambitions and he still is one hell of a guy. Boney- the engineer per se and a great mate. Maina – as always on his Blue TVS Victor. Sanju- the man with the light and Papu- who passed away. 

Aita- next door and Ritu da zooming ahead on his LML NV. All amazing characters and good human being. 

We used to spend half our evenings in Rakhalov – sipping Vodka and yes of course Baluba Rum- that used to cost Rs 70/- a bottle. We were boys who became reluctant Man and we do continue to cherish those precious moments.

As for Sir he is still there. We don’t talk much now but he is still an absolute rock star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment