Thursday 19 June 2014

Para-Normal

The Haunting near St. Mary’s School 


In the month of April, the year was 2005, when almost every town and villages in Assam organizes Bihu , me and my brother @Saurav along with my friends made a plan to attend the function in Ledo. As the cultural program was supposed to start at 11:30 PM, we decided to start late. It was a Sunday and as there were guest visiting us, Papa had bought a duck for the feast. After finishing the dinner and bidding adieu to the guest, When it was time to go o the function, Maa as usual started her tirade about staying late in the night, and how I was corrupting my brother with the “Mod and Bhaang” and the fact that I am a good for nothing . Papa never said anything and he just handed over the keys of our beloved Bajaj 4 stroke Chetak scooter. 

My friends had already left and I though t we would join them at the Bihu function. So, off we started. After sharing the customary Pan and the Wills Navy Cut at Ranjitda’s shop in Tinali, we slowly started, enjoying the cool spring air amidst the customary grunt of the four stroke engine. It seemed as our scooter was not in the mood to start and was providing us the ominous signs, about what to expect. Now in Margherita, it rains almost every other day. But it was quite clear with the full moon and the stars twinkling. 

Once we started climbing the road leading towards the St. Mary’ school, all of a sudden it became dark. There was no traffic and we were all alone. After crossing the famous “ Momo House” the road bends a little with a sharp curve. Of course, the area does appear to be spooky and with almost no traffic at night, we were practically alone.


What we saw next???


Well, there is a small bridge and there in the middle of nowhere, there was a lady sitting with her back behind us. The scooter was being driven by Moon and he asked “দাদা আগত সেইয়া কি বস্তু বে !!! স্কুটাৰখন ৰখাই দিঊ নেকি????”

I practically shouted “Don’t stop and just accelerate”. Someone had advised me if you come across such things in the middle of the night, you must never look back. I just did that. On reaching the ground and parking the scooter, we were indeed clueless. Then I met my friends and they were practically shaking. After recounting the events to them, I came to know that they too had seen the “lady “in the exact condition at the same spot. For your knowledge, my friends had started for the function at around 9:30 pm and as for us, we did at 10:20 to precise. The time difference of more than 1 hour was baffling. And what would a lady in the middle of the night do and that too, on a bridge. 

Once the function ended, we came across a large number of groups on the way to Margherita. Everyone agreed that in that particular stretch of road near St. Mary's School, bad things do come up. So, honking our horns, no blasting would be more precise; we raced back and this time, there was no such haunting lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment